Thursday, September 21, 2006

songs of my heart part 1

want to share you some or almost of my favorite songs. it does have meaning to my life. one way or the other, it brings so much joy and pain to me while listening to the following:

gethsemane- taken from the movie sountrack of jesus christ superstar. it was performed by ted neely. sad and moving. good vocal performance by the artist.

just as long as we have love- spinners with dionne warwick. theme song from my first relationship. i was so starry-eyed then. this was the 70's and life was volatile so was my love affair. full of idealism that turned pffft because of proximity. i have to go to manila. he was my first love and first boyfriend. i fought hard for him and the relationship.

so very hard to go- the tower of power. this group is tops with their brass section and vocals too. lyrics will really go straight into your heart.

i will always love you- michael johnson. its like a serenade song. i was tickled pink when somebody sang it for me at a party.

when i need you- leo sayer. me and my hubby's favorite song.

ngayon at kailanman- basil valdez. he was my ultimate crush then.

kathy's song- simon and garfunkel. paul simon is a wonderful lyricist. he is a poet masquerading as a musician.

bridge over troubled water- art garfunkel renditon excelled in this one. listen to the song with your eyes close and its just like listening to the vienna choir boys. as if you are in heaven inspite of the stirring lyrics.

nasaan ka man- christian bautista. he told me he liked martin's version better because of what he underwent, seperation and all. sorry lolo i beg to disagree. yours is better.

yesterday, let it be and eleanor rigby- the beatles. paul macartney's voice is just like his face. boyish and endearing.

maybe tomorrow- badfinger. when a rock group sings a ballad, it is so heartwarming and memorable.

question 67 & 68- chicago transit authority. good vocals by peter cetera and their horn section is wonderful too.

carol banawa- muntik na kitang minahal. the best singing voice of her generation. simple yet crystal clear.

remember what i told you to forget and hard core poetry- tavares. the best african american group for me. the best falsetto performers ever. these songs is in relation to my first romance.

how can i tell you?- lani hall. was convincing my husband, when he was my boyfriend yet that i was made for him. hahahahaha

i will always wait for you- burton cummings. soundtrack from the movie "voices". lyrics and melody is sooooo good.

what a fool believe- the doobie brothers. a collaboration of the group's michael mcdonald and kenny loggins. catching lyrics and danceable melody. it was given a nod by the grammy for song of the year.

No comments: