Wednesday, December 13, 2006

suddenly 50

yup that's me. i will be fifty this coming new year's eve. i have been getting the symptoms. eg : memory gaps, white hair, sluggishness, empty pockets(does that count?), inability to perform(not what your thinking) and losing the energy to do anything arduous. but to heck, i am enjoying it. i have covered all the tracks. the most difficult and trying times? i had it. happiest moment? got plenty. it was a learning experience. all the fifty years of existence. everyday is another day. i can say that i have all the life's triumphs. i encountered some downfall but i welcome the challenge and alas! i survived.

this won't have been possible if not for the grace of God. inspite of everything, i am thankful for all the blessing showered upon me and all the answered prayers. to my parents, my heartfelt gratitude for giving me life. to my brothers, those growing up years with you was a riot. i wouldn't exchange it for anything.

a great love and true friends are two of life's most precious gifts - and i have been twice blessed for i have had both.

tatay- my greatest love, husband, partner, friend and father of my kids.
to my 4k's - my jewels and my friends.
to my favorite pamangkins - you know who you are. you are such a joy to me.
to my batchmates (high school and college) - i am glad you are my friends
to my childhood friends - our coffee chats add more fuel to our closeness. kelan tayo labas uli?
sa mga ka cf -loyse, lorns, raine, sig, charmaine, cheri, vivian and everyone. let us
give a new meaning to friendship. being friends sight unseen.
to migs and dayds - for allowing me to have more kids. you inspire me.
to mickay - for being there always.
to gina - for being my sister and friend.
and to girard - for coming into my life in the most perfect time.

maraming salamat sa inyong lahat. i love you.

3 comments:

kawadjan said...

nice to see you back here. happy birthday in advance! such a blessing you are indeed. :)

Mostly Normal said...

so...in a few days you will officially be a member of the Golden Girls Society. Don't worry, in your case, it's growing older and wiser at the same time. =)

Ford said...

Nanayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I inspire you to have more kids? Kaya pa naman nay diba?
ahhahahahahah

Don't ya worry.. you don't look 50... di kayo nagkakalayo ni celia rodriguez ng itsura! (ilang taon na ba si celia? )

hehehehe

labshu too nay!