Monday, April 10, 2006

solitary confinement

for two straight days i was in a solitary confinement. although mine is an isolated case, i felt like it was two weeks not two days. you see, i have this kind of asthma that depends on the weather situation, it is in extremes, if its too hot or too cold. i had mine because it rained for about 10 minutes and all the heat from the ground came out. that is the worst scenario for me. i don't have problem with pollens, dusts and the like before, but after my operation it seems i have developed the abhorrence for this. i know i don't like the smell of new mown grass because it gives me the sniffles and nonstop sneezing.
i have my share of tablets, syrups, puffer and nebulizer but still the asthma persist. as my brother who is a doctor told me, you wont die of the disease per se but of its complication. migod, what more complication do i need? i stayed in the bedroom with the airconditoner on for round the clock for two days. i hope i won't get another attack when my electric bill comes. heaven forbid!
now i know how ninoy felt when he was in the same situation as i had. whereas, his is for love of the country, mine is a measly reason of loving myself. i had only two days and ninoys incarceration was years. so this is how you feel when you are in detention for not doing your assignment and being a bully in high school and being grounded when you disobey a house rule. good thing i was a good student and a dutiful daughter. the funny thing is i loose my appetite when i have my "alaga" as i call the disease. so i shed off an unwanted couple of pounds everytime i have it. difficult for me because when did losing pounds while you can hardly breathe can be an easy task? i can say that my asthma is my waterloo. i only hope and pray that this borrowed life will be loaned to me for quite some time yet. i still have a mission to accomplish and lot of things to do in my life.
i want to to go around the world, be in oprah show, serenaded by christian bautista, look after my future grandkids, taste girard's red beans in spaghetti sauce(ewww!),go
to the ultimate destination which is amampulo, i have to perfect my yoga poses, i havent seen all my vcd and dvd collections, i have to open a gourmet restaurant and as gp said, davao could not live without my peanuts. also i have to do the impossible dream - i have to regain my prepregnancy figure. i have to contribute to my favorite foundation, have to attend the pinning ceremony of my youngest, be a ninang to the wedding of one of my favorite person, have to spend a lifetime of happiness with my husband and kids. is that a tall order?
im now free! the dreaded asthma is gone and i will go back to my idyllic life. i have to say nine sets of novena for it to go away even this holy week only. how can i enjoy the beautiful island of camiguin while under attack? please pretty please, not this time okay? i am armed with all the sunblocks, my caps, sunglasses , my medicines. i think i deserve this after the solitary confinement. a blessed holy week to everyone!

No comments: