Wednesday, July 12, 2006

i dreamed a dream

july 13, 2006

tomorrow, is the pinning ceremony of my youngest. it is a pre requisite when you are in your third year of your nursing course. he is the only student in our brood of four. let me just say that he is halfway in realizing his(or is it ours?)dream of becoming a nurse. the three elder children finished their respective courses and are working now.

this is what parents are looking forward to when starting a family. you rear your kids the best possible way you could. give them food, clothing and shelter. the most difficult undertaking is giving them good education. literally, we crawled just to send them to college. my husband and myself took a lot of sacrifice in doing so. we are lucky that they are good kids. sure, there were a lot of problems along the way, but we withstood and prevailed all the tests of time. we are all survivors of our own failings, shortcomings and mistakes. the most important thing is we learned from them. that is what family should be. having a united front and be one in all the adversities this life has to offer.

maybe my being a full time mother to them, when they were in their developing and retentive years helped a lot. i was there, when they needed me. i committed myself to them and to my husband. it wasn't easy but i just didn't survived. i triumphed. looking back, i don't know how i did it, but with God's grace and my husband's love and support i could say that we did well.

i dreamed a dream that i will live to watch them grow up to be a God fearing and law abiding citizens, finish a course, have a family of their own. at the rate it is going right now, i am happy that we are almost there. what an accomplishment! i can give my husband and myself a pat on our backs. congratulations on a job well done, mr. and mrs. leo timbol. tatay wala bang blowout?

No comments: