Friday, July 21, 2006

on movie sountracks

july 21,2006

i just had a movie marathon. since it's friday and "my girl" is not on sked, i opted to watch movies that i haven't seen yet in my hundreds of vcd and dvd collection. mind you, it's not pirated. i started with casablanca because i have this craving for old movies. ingrid bergman is soooo beautiful. she is a goddess. i enjoyed it and went sentimental hearing the song as time goes by. then it was followed by on the waterfront. superb acting from marlon brando. in fact he got his first oscar nod from this movie. then, an american in paris, which made me want to dance with gene kelly. since my eyes are crossed already, i took a peek again at the last few minutes of ice castles. just wanted to see the skating scene where the lead actress danced her way of being a champ with marvin hamlisch's composition of looking through the eyes of love.
i am so into a movie sountracks and themes. there are instances that i forget the actors from a certain motion picture but i will never forget the song. there are songs that are included in a soundtrack again and again but i still can identify from what movie it was. somewhere over the rainbow was not sang from the wizard of oz only but it has a nicer version from the movie 50 first dates and the ending credit to finding forrester. for me the best theme was from st. elmo's fire, of david fosters' just for a moment. the instrumental version of somewhere in time from the same movie title is also a favorite. i also like hearing burton cumming's i will always wait for you taken from the movie voices. sad to say i don't have this in my collection. for me movie theme song is important because sometimes it gives significance to a scene or when there is no dialogue from the protagonists. it conveys a poignant feeling and a memorable excerps of the movie as a whole.
here is a list of some unforgettable soundtrack that i still want to hear being played in the airwaves or from my collections:

movie title - song

the champ - when you remember me
the last flight of noah's ark - the other half
doctor zhivago - lara's theme
chariots of fire - instrumental theme of the same title
walk to remember - only hope
pretty woman - it must have been love
moulan rouge - we can be lovers
nasaan ka man - the same title christian bautista's version

the list will go on but the above mentioned are those that really gives me goosebumps and sometimes makes me cry.

1 comment:

Admin said...

Regarding Ingrid Bergman, when I first time watching Casablanca, I thought to myself, "Is there anybody left in this world as beautiful as Ingrid Bergman?"..